[okfn-dev] [open-economics] Two drafts for development applications

Guo Xu guo at guoxu.org
Fri Dec 31 16:51:36 UTC 2010

Hi Rufus and other OKFN readers,

First, thanks a lot for your comments and positive feedback - I'm
excited to work with OKFN - this will surely be a fruitful project.

Both 7th and 8th of January are fine with me. Until then, it would be
great if we could gather some more comments and suggestions from other
OKFN members. The code is (unfortunately) written in ASP 3.0 and was
rather meant as a "proof of concept" - ideally, we would need to
improve the client-side scripts (Ajax etc) and the visualization of
the results. One main idea of the project was to integrate a
"scientific approach" into online games, reconciling "fun" with data
collection. As a byproduct, we also contribute to promoting a
multidimensional approach towards development - something that has
become increasingly mainstream in recent years.

Currently, we only display a table with the ranking - based on the
data we collect, however, we could generate a wide range of more
interesting plots (for example, comparing your answers against the
"average EUtopia" results etc). In that regard, it would be really
useful to find someone experienced with Flash driven graphs and plots.

Anyway, just a quick reply from my side - hope to hear back from you
so we could fix the date. In the meantime, you're all welcome to send
in suggestions, either through the mailing list (although I'm not sure
if I receive the messages) or directly to me.

Wish you all a happy new year and see you in 2011.

Best,

Guo