[okfn-labs] ElasticSearch backup/restore

Mark MacGillivray mark.macgillivray at okfn.org
Mon Apr 16 13:40:59 UTC 2012

(and resending again - sent from wrong address, got bounced)

Hi Nick,

I thought it was possible to just copy the data files directly out of the
ES data folder, then go to your alternate, create the database and POST the
mappings, then dump the data files you copied in place of the empty ones
that were just created on your alternate. (It has been a while since I did
this and maybe does not work any more or is harder, but I am certain I have
done it in the past).