[okfn-labs] [Facetview] Playing with dates and column names

Loïc Bertron loic.bertron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:20:04 UTC 2012

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for your amazing work. It's a pleasure to see that peoples cares about open data and open knowledge.
I'm using Elasticsearch for test purposes since a month now and Facetview on top of it. I had recently two issue :
1. I'm storing dates in ES in the date format, but when Facetview offers me to define a filter for this, i' only seeing the epoch version of the date.  It's not so easy to create a filter range for this field.
2. I can't apply the exact method to any field. I get nothing for example if i set a facet for "field": "author.name.exact". And if i just set a facet for author.name, i got all names, but it spreads first name and last name.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks again for your work.

Loic