[okfn-labs] Architecture for a data-driven web app

Tom Rees tom.rees at okfn.org
Wed Aug 29 09:52:38 UTC 2012

You don't need to build a whole other app -- Google's crawler goes to a lot
of hassle to ensure it indexes browser-rendered templates properly and can
index hashbang URLs.
There's some documentation here:
https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/docs/getting-started
I've not done this yet but I'd like to hear how you get on. Sounds as
though you need to build the app to respond to ?_escaped_fragment=... in
the URL and serve up a pre-rendered page.