[okfn-labs] Blog post about PyBossa speedups

Gregor Aisch gregor.aisch at okfn.org
Thu Dec 13 20:43:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

Accidentally almost simultaneously with Stefan I pushed a blog post about how to speed up PyBossa apps by pre-loading upcoming tasks while the user is solving the current one.

http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2012/12/12/speeding-up-pybossa-apps.html

While writing this I gave the labs blog two amazing new blogging features: syntax highlighting and lightboxes!

To activate, just put

highlight: true
lightbox: true

in your posts YAML frontmatter, otherwise the libs won't be loaded. For lightboxing you need to link your images to a larger version (or to itself) and set rel="lightbox". As this is not possible with markdown alone you need to insert the link in ugly HTML.

Syntax highlighting uses highlight.js which trys to automatically guess your code snippets language.

Cheers,
Gregor