[okfn-labs] dataissues.org - Who wants to help?

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Fri Jul 13 10:26:21 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

Rufus, Ross and I wrote up this idea for dataissues.org - a service
that publicly tracks databugs - a few weeks ago. The idea is simple:
instead of writing an ashamed paragraph about data quality in the
bottom of open data sites, people should publicly track their issues -
just like we do for software.

http://pudo.org/2012/07/10/dataissues.html

We haven't put the proposal in for funding in the KNC Data challenge
after all, but we're looking into other ways of getting it funded. Yet
before we do that, I wanted to see who was keen on supporting the
idea, who'd be interested in hacking on this?

I think its an exciting experiment: it's still metadata, but
actionable and therefore perhaps better suited to stimulate an active
community. And even if it doesn't yield community nirvana, it would
still be useful as an online logger for ETL processes.

Cheers,

 - Friedrich