[okfn-labs] a suggestion for grano

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Thu Jul 26 08:26:40 UTC 2012

Hey Maurizio,

many thanks for the pointers!

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Maurizio Napolitano
<maurizio.napolitano at okfn.org> wrote:
> In my research group we worked with the library for network analysis.
> https://github.com/SoNetFBK

Cool, it seems like you're focussed on graphing and mining large
datasets like WP - right? Have you ever worked on something like a
revisioned graph store? That's basically what Grano is supposed to
be... although for much smaller datasets.

> In our point of view the best library in python are igraph
> It's very simple substitute it, if you want i can help you.

That sounds interesting. How does igraph compare to NetworkX? The two
seem to be very similar, but neither of them appears to handle
persistence (other than file storage). On superficial comparison, it
seems to me like igraph wins on graph layout algos, while nx scores
regarding centrality measures?

Cheers,

 - Friedrich