[okfn-labs] http://okfnlabs.org has been refreshed

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Thu Mar 22 18:44:51 UTC 2012

Hi, Friedrich,

2012/3/21 Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org>:

> Please lets not do this. OKFNLabs is supposed to be a conversation and I
> have never seen this happen across languages on the web. So it will either
> be given up quickly or just constantly split up threads.

humm... I understood it as a way to organize in a clever way
experimental projects. My idea was just having simple texts like those
we see here, as an example

http://okfnlabs.org/tools-and-infrastructure/pdcalculators.html

"Description", "Links", "Homepage" and so on. The conversation about
the project will continue in its git page, wiki site, mailing list
etc., I didn't mean to have discussions other than English. I just
thought about having the interface of the site available in other
languages so that people who doesn't speak English (most of the 200
million Braziilians) could understand the idea of those project. Even
if a person is not a techy person, he or she could read the
description about an interesting project and try to contact key people
involved in these experimental ones (for instance, I see a huge
potential to have a collaboration bettween a digitalization project
inside University of São Paulo and the project about).

I don't my to be all in English and if it's focused only in
developers, I agree in not having the necessity of other languages.
But if it's a way to outreach experimental projects, maybe at least
okfn labs description could be in as many languages as we can
translate.

Just some thoughts.

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)