[okfn-labs] Pybossa UI question: navigating from app description to app?

Sam Smith sam.smith at okfn.org
Fri Oct 12 10:29:57 UTC 2012

I noticed the absence of that link too, I intend to do a design for this
page at some point.. but in the mean time, a link would be good.

Probably worth adding, I too was confused by the urban parks app. I found I
was just guessing there was a park because there was an expanse of green..
surely a computer can do / already has done that just as well?

On 12 October 2012 11:15, Tom Rees <tom.rees at okfn.org> wrote:

> As a user I was always confused by the urban parks thing as well. How do I
> tell if it's just somebody's large garden?
> Maybe an app where sports teams need to be mapped to their home ground. It
> might be a little more engaging (even if not terribly useful?)
>

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Gregor Aisch <gregor.aisch at okfn.org>wrote:
>

>> I can't find the link either.
>>
>> Btw, I think that the urban parks demo is a really really silly showcase.
>> I mean, you can run a simple query on the OSM data to get a list of all
>> urban parks in the world. You know, that's why it's called *Open*StreetMap!
>> :)
>>
>> I know that this showcases is only intended to demonstrate the use of
>> maps, but there must be better, and more relevant examples.
>>
>> What about geocoding? That's something journalists have to do quite
>> often. The automatic geocoding provided by API such as Google Geocoding is
>> a good start but need to be checked by humans for maximum data quality.
>> That would be a great and useful showcase..
>>
>> Best,
>> Gregor
>>

>> Am 12.10.2012 um 11:42 schrieb Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
>>
>> Perhaps I'm missing something, but can't seem to find a way to
>> navigate from app description page to app itself?
>>
>> E.g. can't find a link from:
>>
>> http://pybossa.com/app/urbanpark
>>
>> to:
>>
>> http://pybossa.com/app/urbanpark/newtask