[okfn-labs] [ANN] WikipediaJS - a small Javascript library for accessing information in Wikipedia articles

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 6 17:53:47 UTC 2012

A quick announce of WikipediaJS, a simple JS library for accessing
information in Wikipedia articles such as dates, places etc, which I
put together in some spare time last weekend:

<http://okfnlabs.org/wikipediajs/>

It is, in essence, a small wrapper around the data and APIs of the
DBPedia project and it is they who have done all the heavy lifting of
extracting structured data from Wikipedia - huge credit and thanks to
DBPedia folks!

A demo is included and to see it already in action here's a link (look
down the page!):

<http://okfnlabs.org/wikipediajs/?url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_landings>

Source code is on github:

<https://github.com/okfn/wikipediajs>

One of my reasons for creating WikipediaJS is that I think it can be
useful in Timeliner and other apps as a way to quickly add new items
to your timeline.

Regards,

Rufus