[okfn-labs] Google Civic Information API

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Sep 25 09:56:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Michael Bauer <michael.bauer at okfn.org> wrote:
> Related: why this is important
>

> http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/09/20/1210722109.abstract
>
> Wonderful paper by the local institute for complex systems just out
> recently.
>
> Can we use this to argue for open election data worldwide?

"Arguing" for open election information is just a bit like arguing
against cancer, isn't it? - it's one of these battles with no useful
counter-arguments... Still, I guess it needs the full spiel: an
openelections.org page with some basic principles, success stories and
signatories?

Any takers?

- Friedrich