[okfn-labs] Open Data Maker Night

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Thu Aug 8 10:48:06 UTC 2013

Hi Olaf,

This is great to hear. I am looping in the Labs list, as others might have
ideas to chip in.

On 8 August 2013 04:54, Olaf Veerman <olaf.veerman at flipside.org> wrote:

> Hi Anders,
> As we talked about in DC, we're planning to organize a meetup in Lisbon
> around Open Data on Thursday August 29. On the OFKNLabs page, I read about
> Open Data Maker Nights and it seems to suit what we want for such a night.

Sounds great!

To focus people's time and energy, I'd like to prepare some tasks for
> people with different skills and different skill levels. On the data
> wrangling side, we can propose to take a look at some of the spending data
> we saw in DC, but I know we'll have some designers + developers as well. Do
> you have any ideas for this, or can somebody else at OKFN provide us some
> tips on organizing a Maker Night?

The join page <http://okfnlabs.org/join/> of Labs lists the current issues
and ideas for new
projects<https://github.com/okfn/ideas/issues?labels=&milestone=&page=1&state=open>.
That might be helpful for finding stuff to hack on.

As for guides, this
doc<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1qOJHSaeqtokXUc38Y9Uos5EhevDzIq6N2AQT59FvuP8/edit#heading=h.2csm1m7gujp>from
the London Maker Night both includes various project specific guides
(e.g. for OpenSpending) as well as examples of stuff people have been
working on at previous Maker Nights.

Really looking forward to hear more about Lisbon Maker Night!

--
*

Anders Pedersen

Community Coordinator  |  skype: anpehej  |  @anpe <https://twitter.com/>