[okfn-labs] Montpellier & datasets.okfn.org

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Tue Feb 5 11:45:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Today the French city of Montpellier did this:

https://github.com/VilleDeMontpellier/OpenDataMontpellier

It's not ideal to have so many datasets in 1 repo, but hey, it does the
trick: people are doing pull requests.

We also have datasets.okfn.org up and running. I'm particularly
interested to take this further: would we be able to create a "github"
for data?

Very interesting things to discuss:
  * How would a REST interface look like? Would it be LDP? (
http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/)
  * We could use memento ( http://mementoweb.org/) to request an earlier
version of the data
  * How would a user-interface look like? For data owners? For re-users?
For correctors? I bet not entirely the same as github.

Kind regards,

Pieter