[okfn-labs] London Open Data Maker Night No 3 - Tuesday 16th July

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 8 15:42:30 UTC 2013

Hi All,

A heads-up about the next London Open Data Maker Night which I'll be
helping organize along with David Miller of Open Healthcare UK:

- When: Tuesday 16th July 2013, 6-9pm (come along any time)
- Where: Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Street, London
- Signup: <http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/London-GB/984832/>
(optional but nice to know numbers!)
- Details: <http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2013/07/08/open-data-maker-night-london-3.html>

Also if you're not in London (!) and like the sound of this you can
organize your own Open Data Maker night - anyone can and it’s easy to
do! See <http://okfnlabs.org/events/open-data-maker/>

Regards,

Rufus

## What

Open Data Maker Nights are informal events focused on “making” with
open data – whether that’s creating apps or insights. They aren’t a
general meetup – if you come, expect to get pulled into actually
building something, though we won’t force you!

## Who

The events usually have short introductory talks about specific
projects and suggestions for things to work on – it’s absolutely fine
to turn up knowing nothing about data or openness or tech as, there’ll
an activity for you to help and someone to guide you in contributing!