[okfn-labs] public bodies project and documentation

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 17:49:31 UTC 2013

Just created the pull request at
https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/pull/42 , which adds the Brazilian
federal public bodies of the executive branch.

Now I have even more questions about the meaning of the columns. I had
thought that "parent" and "parent_key" referred to when a body was somehow
subordinate or hierarchically placed under another body. But the
application adds the label "Parent category", which seems to imply
otherwise.

And I still don't get how categories are supposed to work, as the datasets
lack any examples whatsoever of categories.

Best,
Augusto Herrmann