[okfn-labs] Update on Labs purpose, principles, governance and more

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 5 14:32:08 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

The Labs site and especially the "about" page have been heavily
updated over the last month with the aim of distilling better the
basic character and purpose of Labs:

http://okfnlabs.org/about/

In a nutshell:

- We are a community of civic hackers, data wranglers (and other
interested folks) excited by opportunities of combining open
information and technology for good
- Labs is a place for tech & data folks to congregate, meet and make stuff
- We're informal and doing oriented (we make things whether that apps,
tools or insights)
- We're self-governing - run by its community of members and contributors
- We're part of the Open Knowledge Foundation Network

There are some:

- Community principles: <http://okfnlabs.org/about/#principles>
- Outline Governance: <http://okfnlabs.org/about/#governance>
- FAQs: <http://okfnlabs.org/about/#faqs>

Mods, suggestions etc are welcome! (Once we've got something reviewed
I think it would be good to draft a blog post outlining this for the
wider world!)

Rufus