[okfn-labs] Units protocol

Chalk, Stuart schalk at unf.edu
Sun Jun 2 09:04:23 UTC 2013

In the U.S. the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has been working on UnitsML (http://unitsml.nist.gov).  This is a standard XML representation of units and quantities that is currently being balloted through OASIS  (https://www.oasis-open.org).  Having been involved in the development of UnitsML I would suggest taking a long hard look at this as it is very well thought out and will be used in web services NIST develops in the future.

Stuart Chalk, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Building 50, Room 3514,
University of North Florida
1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224 USA
P: 904-620-1938
F: 904-620-3535