[okfn-labs] Using SQL for Lightweight Data Analysis - New Tutorial

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 27 15:40:46 UTC 2013

[Apologies for any cross-posting!]

Hi All,

There's a new tutorial on the School of Data which I put together:

<http://schoolofdata.org/2013/03/26/using-sql-for-lightweight-data-analysis/

<quote>
This article introduces the use of SQL for lightweight data analysis
by walking through a small data investigation to answer the question:
who were the top recipients of Greater London Authority spending in
January 2013?

Along the way, it not only introduces SQL (and SQLite) but illustrates
various other skills such as locating and cleaning data and how to
load tabular data into a relational database.
</quote>

I'd also add that School of Data folks are very interested in contributions
if anyone has a favourite topic they'd like to write about [1] (it can be a
tutorial, cool thing you did with data etc!)

Regards,

Rufus

[1]: http://schoolofdata.org/blog/blogging-guidelines/