[okfn-labs] Next steps for public bodies

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 29 21:38:54 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We've seen several quite a bit of data already contributed and with the
amount of material growing I'd like to ask folks about some immediate next
steps and invite suggestions and also ask if anyone is up for helping on
these:

*1. Moving to a simple webapp setup* -
https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/27

The primary reason for this is that, at present, a change in template leads
to a complete rebuild and uploads to s3 are somewhat slow (we could fix
this but feel easily just to deploy to e.g. heroku ...)

*2. Search support* - https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/3

See the issue. Simplest option would be google custom search I think.

*3. Improved integration with nomenklatura - *
https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/2

Reconciliation is absolutely essential here plus nomenklatura could help
generate. I note David Read has already got UK data into nomenklatura and
it would be great to start automating this i.e. autopushing the CSVs across
(volunteers wanted!)

Rufus