[okfn-labs] Update on PublicBodies.org - a URL for every part of Government

SHEN Liang shenzhuxi at gmail.com
Fri May 3 08:55:38 UTC 2013

Hi Rufus,

Should I fork https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies, add data and make
a pull request like the normal GitHub workflow?

Is http://publicbodies.org/ based on ckan? What about
http://datahub.io/dataset/uk-public-bodies?
Can people help updating data easily?
Is there any API for data query rather than JSON url and CSV download
(I think ckan has)?

BTW, I have a list of journal feeds from http://www.journaltocs.ac.uk/
several years ago and they've stopped releasing it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjfpjwzLd5bUdEY5MF9KUmROaW1WZklOYmoweEtZakE&usp=sharing
I'd like to have a crowdsourcing platform to keep it updating.

For not so big data, Google Drive is not a bad way for crowdsourcing,
but I think OKFN should have the open source solution. Maybe
http://crowdcrafting.org/ + http://datahub.io/.

Liang