[okfn-labs] I think there's a better way

☮ elf Pavlik ☮ perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Fri May 17 08:52:16 UTC 2013

Hi Donald,

I don't find myself *sending blobs* exciting at all. Instead prefer *granting access*, *replicating*, *syncing* etc. Also I find stuff like pdf documents, odt, speadsheets etc. rather retro and look forward to express information for human eye in HTML as much as possible.

When it comes to linking data, I find concept of Linked Data very attractive. Among any news I just heard about Google adding support for JSON-LD in gmail: https://developers.google.com/gmail/schemas/reference/formats/json-ld

With technologies like WebID + access controll I see very interesting possibility of creating collective knowledge graphs with powerful linking! I hope soon to experiment more with http://viejs.org and similar technologies...

Cheers :)
☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Excerpts from Donald McLean's message of 2013-05-17 03:55:04 +0000: