[okfn-labs] First Android app released

Emanuil Tolev emanuil at cottagelabs.com
Wed Nov 6 18:04:35 UTC 2013

On 6 November 2013 17:19, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Philippe Plagnol <
> philippe.plagnol at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear members,
>>
>> The first android app is available here :
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.okfn.pod
>> The main functionality of this app is to display open data available
>>
>> you can participate on github :
>> https://github.com/okfn/product-browser-android
>>

> I don't see any license listed.  What license is it released under?
>
> Hiya!

> The image in the Play store shows a text entry box.  Does it not have the
> ability to scan bar codes?

Doesn't seem like it. Example bar code (from Play Store image) works fine.
I'm guessing this is a "can we get it out to people" release.

Obviously bar code scanner using the camera would be really nice. Also, a
browser of all products / most recent / "featured" products would get
people to play a bit more with it. Clearly not the top use case, but could
be a good way to get some contributors.

> Tom

Stock HTC Desire X - works fine. Can't find it on the mobile Play Store,
had to hit Install via your link to the web Play Store.

Greetings,
Emanuil