[okfn-labs] Update on publicbodies.org including new data and search

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Oct 7 18:38:27 UTC 2013

Below is an update re PublicBodies.org from work over the last couple of
weeks.

Blog post (with screenshot!):
http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2013/10/07/publicbodies.org-update-no-2.html

Rufus

## Get Involved

As always we'd love help, full list of issues
here<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues>and example items:

- Getting Descriptions for 130 EU Public
Bodies<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/35> (an
opportunity for CrowdCrafting!)
- Support for sending corrections / additions on the
website<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/8>
- Extend and improve US data<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/46>
- Support for reconciliation (e.g. via
nomenklatura)<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/2>

## New data

New data contributed over the last couple of months is now validated and
live - this includes new data for* Switzerland, Greece, Brazil and the US*.
Huge thank-you to contributors including Hannes, Charalampos, Augusto and
Todd.

We also have pending data for Italy and China to get in once it has been
reviewed, and we have data in progress for Canada!

*We'd love to have more data - if you''re interested in contributing see *
https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies#contribute-data

## Updated Schema for Data

Thanks to input from James McKinney and others we've *reworked the
schema<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/29>
* quite extensively to match up as much as possible with the Popolo spec.
You can see the new schema in the
datapackage.json<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/blob/master/datapackage.json#L13-L105>
:

Or if you don't like raw JSON here's a prettier HTML version:

http://data.okfn.org/community/okfn/publicbodies

## Search support

We now have basic search support via google custom search:

http://publicbodies.org/search
*

*