[okfn-labs] Timemapper bugs

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Oct 15 00:17:25 UTC 2013

On 14 October 2013 10:13, Anastasios Ventouris <tasosventouris at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Rufus,
>
> We are working on a timemapper project and I have found a few minor bugs.
> I send you a list if you have time to check it.

Thanks very much for reporting - please do continue to file issues you
encounter at https://github.com/okfn/timemapper/issues :-)

1) If I use label "Media" on spreadsheet, images don't appear at all.

See https://github.com/okfn/timemapper/issues/87

> 2) Sometimes, a thumbnail of pagepeeker.com appeared instead of the
> image. But it fixed with a refresh of the page.

this is an issue with the timelinejs lib ...

> 3) When I slide between events on the timeline, the map moved too. But if
> there are more than one event in the same place, the title on the map's
> bubble is the same. You can reproduce this on the
> http://timemapper.okfnlabs.org/rufuspollock/major-battles-napoleonic-wars#1 on
> the last two  events. "Battle of Nile" and "Battle of Copenhagen".

Please file :-) (with a demo of problem)

4) I use UTC for the format on our project. For instance (2013, 10, 14, 11,
> 54) for 14 Oct 2013, 11:54 am. The time, day and month, work but the year
> is always 1900.

Ditto :-)

Rufus
*