[okfn-labs] London Open Data Maker Night #11 this Thursday

Andy Lulham a.lulham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:00:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We’ve had a little Easter break, but the London Open Data Maker Nights
are back this Thursday.

As usual we’ll be meeting at the Centre for Creative Collaboration
(near Kings Cross) from 6.30pm (although it’s fine to drop in any time
during the evening.) We normally begin with informal presentations, so
if you want to present a project then do come along for 6.30pm.

You can sign up to attend on the meetup page:
http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/London-GB/1146292/

If you haven’t attended before, now’s your chance to pop along and see
what these meetups are about. If you don’t code but you’re interested,
we can definitely find something cool for you to work on and even
finish in an evening. And it’s free of course – although those of us
who fancy getting pizza can chip in for that.

Please share this invite with relevant folks and mailing lists! And as
usual, thanks to the Centre for Creative Collaboration for kindly
hosting us.

Hope to see you Thursday,

Andy and Rufus

### What

Open Data Maker Nights are informal events focused on "making" with
open data – whether that's creating apps or insights. They aren't a
general meetup -- if you come, expect to get pulled into actually
building something, though we won't force you!

### Who

All are welcome. The events usually have short introductory talks
about specific projects and suggestions for things to work on – it’s
absolutely fine to turn up knowing nothing about data or openness or
tech as there’ll definitely be an activity for you to contribute to
and someone to guide you in helping out!

More about Open Data Maker Nights and Parties at:
http://okfnlabs.org/events/open-data-maker/