[okfn-labs] JSON table schema + CSV

Paul Walsh paulywalsh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:47:20 UTC 2014

Ok, I will create an issue on data protocols.

The thing I don’t like about the suggestion to use actual json in the fields is that, while it might be fine as the default, it is not very friendly for humans. So, if we consider that (some) CSVs are partially or wholly manually constructed, it *might* be less prone to error in data entry to describe an object as:

“name=Jane,age=28”

rather than:

{“name”: “Jane”, “age”: 28}

Imagine the validation errors from trailing commas, inconsistent or incorrect use of quotes, etc.