[okfn-labs] Stacks Unbound event in Oxford

iain_emsley at austgate.co.uk iain_emsley at austgate.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 13:13:37 UTC 2014

Afternoon,

Jenny Molloy from the OK Open Science group and myself ran a small
hack day at the Oxford e-Research Centre this weekend that focused on
the Bodleian Chinese Library, integrating some of the data with other
sources and exploring some of the feeds available from another
Bodleian service. We had technologists, curators and librarians so it
was a friendly mix.

The initial write up is online[1] and hopefully it will be fleshed out
as the code and data come online.

At least one of the projects is being pushed into Github for an
initial release shortly if I get time to do some more work on it at
the Humanities hack on Friday.

We have another event definitely organised for March at Cambridge
University Library next year and one in planning for the Bristol/Bath
area.

We are open to suggestions for things that we could hack on or other
libraries that might be interested. If you have any, please feel free
to contact me off list.

Kind regards,

Iain

[1]  http://stacksunbound.wordpress.com/2014/11/22/outcomes-of-the-hackday/