[okfn-labs] Nomenklatura - frequent 500s

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Thu Oct 23 09:55:11 UTC 2014

I’m somewhat undecided how to proceed with the project. Both of them should work, but obviously it’s desirable to only have one service operating at the same time. At this point, grano can do most of what opennames can do, modulo some bits of user interface - so I might just replace both of them with a public install of grano. In any case, we’ll need a migration path and opennames should be good to use for now.

At the same time, the naive approach to identity mapping this does is very limited and I feel like we need to do more clever things in the future: matching on multiple attributes, within contexts, giving likelihoods rather than making it a fixed mapping.

Who’s got ideas on that?

- Friedrich