[okfn-labs] Setting out a Tech Vision and Strategy

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 9 10:03:51 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I've been thinking about having us here at Labs having some kind of "Tech
Vision and Strategy". The reasons for creating this in my mind were things
like:

a) to provide a vision for ourselves and others about what we want to see
created
b) provide a way to position what we do work on as a community inside a
coherent framework
c) provide a steer for where we dedicate any discretionary resources or
energy we have

In order to get things rolling I've done a first stab at this in a short (2
page) google doc:

Tech Vision and Strategy [Draft / In Progress]
<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1vZQaEQ6Rm8eFk54XBN9KhBGQE1KomesFJg3kRalO4AU/edit#>

Doc should be fully open for commenting and suggestions so please jump in
and add thoughts.

Regards,

Rufus Pollock
--