[okfn-labs] New library: Tabular Validator

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Thu Feb 19 15:15:10 UTC 2015

Good stuff, Paul! I like the "many small modules" approach you're doing
there a lot!

To be honest, the tabular validator reminds me a bit of existing data
validation tools, especially https://github.com/sunlightlabs/validictory.
Just out of interest: why did you opt against using an existing validation
library and wrap it for reporting? That kind of approach worked quite well
for OpenSpending (cf. https://github.com/openspending/osvalidate).

What I'm really interested in is TellMe, that sounds very cool. Is there a
demo application and some example output somewhere that one could look at?

Cheers,

- Friedrich