[okfn-labs] Question regarding data package distribution

Rodrigo Parra rodpar07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:09:21 UTC 2015

Hello all,

First of all, as this is my first email to the list, let me introduce
myself. My name is Rodrigo Parra, I am a developer working as a part of the
Open Data initiative in Paraguay.

As a part of my job, I am interested in publishing some government datasets
in the tabular data package format. If I understand correctly, in its
simplest form, this means a CSV file + a datapackage.json (JSON Table
Schema) file.

I want to be able to share datapackages with a single URL. My question is:
is there a recommended/spec compliant way to do this? I was thinking about
implementing one of the following:

   - Single URL pointing to github repository.
   - Single URL pointing to zipped file.
   - Single URL pointing to a public directory containing both files.

What would you suggest? Or is my question out of the scope of the spec?
Any answer as well as any tip regarding data package implementation
(already found JTSKit and I'm loving it) would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Rodrigo Parra