[okfn-labs] Wanted: Contributors and Editors for reboot of DataPatterns

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat May 2 12:55:04 UTC 2015

Hi All,

tl;dr: interested in helping reboot DataPatterns.org? Then drop a comment
in this issue <https://github.com/okfn/datapatterns/issues/73> or dive straight
in <https://github.com/okfn/datapatterns/issues/73>

----

As per the related ideas issue <https://github.com/okfn/ideas/issues/76> there
have been plans afoot for the last few months to "reboot" DataPatterns.org.

Core idea: return the site to its roots - recipes and patterns for data
wranglers and geeks - running it as a simple jekyll + github pages site
that is easy to contribute to.

This could be great, simple site with good content - and a great name ;-)

What's missing right now is a dedicated contributor or two to spend a few
hours:

- Jekyll-ifying the site e.g. porting over the existing restructured text
to markdown
- Getting the basic theme working (we can sort a better one soon)

Once we'd done that, there's some editorial work to think about new content
and design the future.

If you are interested please just drop a comment on this issue
<https://github.com/okfn/datapatterns/issues/73> or you can dive straight
in - just look at that same issue
<https://github.com/okfn/datapatterns/issues/73> for initial plan of work.

Regards,