[okfn-labs] opening up what3words

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:02:57 UTC 2015

Am 15-May-15 um 07:55 schrieb stef:
> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:26:27PM +0200, Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> I have to say I find the basic idea of what3words rather pointless. Why
>> would you want an address scheme from which you can't draw any conclusion at
>> all regarding its location by just looking at it.
>
> indeed, i wonder where "where-the-fuck" is.

Dear friends,

yes, i agree with the arguments from Ingmar and stef. And with Friedrich
on his way to understand all this.

We have two areas. The geo-mathematical way to organize the navigation
on the earth surface. And our interest in our human beeing to organize
our navigation.

 From our thinking, we come from the local points to the world-wide
orientation. In this time for me: Hostal Arveal, Cordoba, Argentina,
South America. With that, all people know immediatly, where i stay.

And this information, we can map to the WC84 system in lat/lon
coordinate. Then we know, where we have to go. And for our data packets,
the routers know, to what direction the packet want to go.

All this is not really difficult.

many greetings, willi
Cordoba