[okfn-labs] opening up what3words

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Sun May 17 13:08:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 02:27:57PM +0200, Friedrich Lindenberg wrote:
> Words are easier to remember than GPS coordinates, so people can remember
> their new address, and they can write it on a box and ship it. If you're in
> a city in Ghana (which, I understand, has flaky street naming), the 750m
> resolution of Maidenhead just won't cut it.

i think you misunderstood the resolution, i sent you an example of my
then-current location, which was much higher precision than 750m. in fact it
was very precisely fitting the house where i was at that time. i'd say 30x30m?

also i wonder if the "social solution" is not the result of social pressure,
marketing and the users/abused suffering from information asymmetry.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt