[okfn-labs] opening up what3words

Heather Leson heather at textontechs.com
Mon May 18 09:13:28 UTC 2015

Folks, if you are in London, I would recommend meeting with the OSM
community and attending a Missing Maps events - http://www.missingmaps.org/
And, for other regions, of course, there are local OSM communities.

HOT works with local communities, local language and local customs.  Maps
and locations will need to evolve, which is why I am keen on this topic.

Personal note - I think the tone of this mailing list chain is not be very
welcoming. It is my hope that as you build the examples/discussions that
are more inclusive and respectful. Truly, I know you are attempting to
sanitize discussions from any form of digital colonialism, but in my
opinion there are more productive ways to talk about our neighbours as well
as about software and mapping. There are civic tech communities and growing
mapping communities in the regions you mention.  Neighbours - refers to
communities who may want to use what this discussion creates.

Thank you

Heather

Heather Leson
heather at textontechs.com