[okfn-labs] Labs Hangout Thursday 18 August + recent Labs posts

Daniel Fowler daniel.fowler at okfn.org
Thu Aug 4 21:10:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

We're having our monthly Labs Hangout on 18 August at the normal hour
(Thursday at 5pm London time).  We will have a special guest who will
be presenting on some Very Interesting Things they're doing to advance
the field of data science.  More details on that to come!  Please
register your interest on the forum topic below:

https://discuss.okfn.org/t/labs-hangout-august-2016/3372

Until then, have a read through some recent posts we've published on
the Labs blog.  We're doing a series of posts on some of the talks we
saw at csv,conv,v2 (http://csvconf.com/) this past May.  In addition,
We've written about some great integration work for our Frictionless
Data project.  This includes importing/exporting Data Packages on
DataHub (CKAN) and a recent community contribution for creating Pandas
data frames from Data Packages.

csv,conf,v2 series:

- http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2016/07/18/comma-chameleon.html

- http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2016/08/04/embulk.html

Frictionless Data integrations:

- http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2016/07/25/publish-data-packages-to-datahub-ckan.html

- http://okfnlabs.org/blog/2016/08/01/using-data-packages-with-pandas.html

Have something you'd like to share on the Labs blog?  Visit
http://okfnlabs.org/blog/add/ !

Cheers,

Dan