[okfn-md] OGDCamp 2011: Call for Participation
daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Sep 5 22:59:02 UTC 2011
Dear All on OKF local lists
The following is the Call for Participation for the Open Government Data Camp 2011: http://ogdcamp.org/cfp/
* What: The world's biggest open data event to date.
* When: 20-21st October, with satellite events from 17-26th October
* Where: Warsaw, Poland
* Web: http://www.ogdcamp.org
* Hashtag: #ogdcamp
# Submit your Proposal
This event will bring together the international Open Government Data Community, so please: be bold! We encourage people to submit talks, workshops and satellite events that are visionary, extraordinary and even mindblowing! If you have something to say, propose or demonstrate that will ignite the imagination of the crowd.
Please submit a proposal via the link below:
There are four main kinds of submission:
* Lightning presentations - 5 minutes
* Talks - 10-15 minutes
* Sessions - 2-4 hours
* Satellite events in the days surrounding the camp - 1/2 day / full day
The camp has 4 key objectives:
* Build consensus – around core open data principles and values
* Build community – expand and strengthen international open data community
* Share ideas – on the future of open data and how we can do things better
* Make things – from starting projects, to making plans, to writing code
## Who is behind it?
Open Government Data Camp is run as collaborative partnership between key stakeholders in the open government data community around the world. Find out more at:
Registration is now open. Make sure you get one of the few early bird tickets at
## Travel Bursaries
We have several travel bursaries available to support participants who could otherwise note afford to attend the camp, including:
* A European bursary for EU27 citizens and residents travelling from within Europe, provided by the European Commission.
* An international bursary.
* A US bursary, provided by the Sunlight Foundation.
Full details are available at:
## Stay in touch
If you're interested in talking with others interested in open government data around the world, you can introduce yourself on the open-government mailing list:
You can follow developments on Twitter with the hashtag #ogdcamp.
If you have any questions for the organising team, please contact: info at ogdcamp.org
We are looking forward meeting you in Warsaw!
Daniel Dietrich for the OGDCamp organiser team.
The Open Knowledge Foundation
Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age
www.okfn.org - www.opendefinition.org
Mail: daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mobil: +49 171 780 870 3
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the okfn-md