[OKFN-NL] Invitation to join Open Development Camp 2013, November 7/8 in Amsterdam

Kersti Wissenbach krwissenbach at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 16:15:10 UTC 2013

Join us for the Open Development Camp
<http://www.opendevelopmentcamp.org/>2013 on 7 & 8 November, in
Amsterdam.

Building on the success of the Open Data for Development Camps (120
participants at ODDC Amsterdam 2011 and 400 for ODDC Amsterdam / Nairobi
2012), we will now bring together a broader movement around open data, open
knowledge, open organizations, open government and social enterprises to
jointly shape the future of development cooperation.

This year’s ODC will be organized around 3 tracks:

   - Open Data for Development
   - Tools & Hardware
   - Open organisations & Open Business Models

Our strong intention is to move beyond the data hype and tech-centrism and
make sure people
a) understand the broader picture in regards to transparency /
accountability
b) get sensitized for context-relevance, capacity-building and in those
regards ways of direct citizen engagement in different contexts

We intend to strengthen cross-disciplinary collaboration (academia,
policy-making, NGOs) and the engagement with other communities
(communication as right etc.) to learn from each other.

You can buy your tickets
here<http://www.opendevelopmentcamp.org/#odc-register>.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you in Amsterdam.

Best wishes,

Kersti

*Kersti Ruth Wissenbach*
campaign strategies | program coordination | research

*Freedom of Expression & Information | Open Development **| ICT4C *

NL ambassador Open Knowledge Foundation

Mobile +31 (0)634193966
Skype kersti.wissenbach
@kerstiru