[Okfn-no] [Okfn-is] freedom of information request/tracking platform in norway and iceland?

miska knapek miska at knapek.org
Sun Apr 27 10:51:30 UTC 2014

Hey Finnur, and everyone else ;)

Thanks for the notes Finnur. Good plans.

I talked to the the system admin at OKF FInland - Jaakko Kornhonen - and he
said the following:

- If the given country translates and puts in the local (authorities, etc…
) information, that's the largest part done.
( There's an community-translation-supporting platform OKF Finland has used
to translate Froide to Finnish and Finnish-Swedish, called
https://www.transifex.com/ that can be used ).
- OKF Finland can help a country get a Froide installation going,
technically..
- OKF Finland can help host the Froide instance o OKF Finland's servers,
perhaps not indefinitely but at least such that the platform gets running
and such that a given country can get the platform running on their own
servers.

So, if one can organise a community to translate, OKF Finland can help with
getting the Froide instance going, and host it for a while.

Hope this helps :)

all the best,

miska