[OKFN-NP] Data Meetup at Islington College

Prakash Neupane nprkshn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 15:03:26 UTC 2013

Dear all

I would like to request you to join the First Data Meetup at Islington
College.

Time: 9th September 2PM to 4Pm
Location : Islington College

Open Knowledge Foundation Nepal has started Data Meetup in Nepal, where it is
simply the gathering of data enthusiasts, who are interest in data science,
data journalism, data wrangling, data analysis, data visualization and
other data works. Where we are supposed to talk about finding data,
extracting data, processing it and make a story from it. So it's about the
sharing and learning the experience and techniques.

*What we do*
- We gather once in a month.
- We will have predefined set of agenda for program.
- Anyone interested to share can appoint them as resource person.
- Anyone can join without restriction.
- At the last, we will call from participants for next session.

*What is happening this time?*
This is the first meetup for us and we are targeting to do Data
Introductory Session which include general concept on data, The major
objective of this meetup is getting more people interested to work on data
rather than skills.

*We are trying to cover the topics:*
What is Data?
Finding Data?
Sort and Filter
Basic Analysis
>From Data to Diagram
Getting Stories from Data
Spending Stories
Make Data Preety

*Sessions*
Data: The Big Picture – Kshitiz Khanal
Scraping the Data – Manish Dangol
Spreadsheet Work: Sorting, Filtering and Visualizing – Prakash Neupane
Making Story from Data -Kuber Chalise

Regards
Prakash Neupane
Ambassador