[OKFN-NP] Involvement of Open Knowledge Nepal in national workshop in Nepal on OGD sensitization

kshitiz khanal khanal1990 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:28:23 UTC 2015

Dear all,

In this thread, let's discuss how Open Knowledge Nepal can be involved in
the upcoming OGD workshop.

Daniel, please state how you can see us getting involved.

I want to present the precise vulnerabilities in Open Data and Open
Government Data based on my experience as a researcher / reviewer in Open
Data Index and Open Data Barometer projects. Does this seem to fit the
workshop agenda?

Also, is it a good idea to suggest people actually involved in
sustainability from civil society and academic backgrounds for the
workshop?

For keynote, I am suggesting Member of Parliament, Mr. Gagan Thapa. He is
the chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Agriculture, Energy, and
Natural Resources and is one of the global leaders recognized by the World
Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader. He has been commendably active in
Open Data activities in Kathmandu Municipality esp. ward no. 7.

The floor is open. Looking forward to a fruitful discussion.

With best regards,

Kshitiz Khanal
Open Knowledge Nepal