[OKFN-NP] UNDESA/NIC OGD workshop postponed

Daniel Dietrich ddie at ddie.me
Wed Aug 26 15:22:53 UTC 2015

Dear All,

I am very sorry, but I am afraid I have to inform you that the Capacity Development Workshop on Open Government Data Sensitization, Gap Assessment and Strategic Planning to be held on 1 -3 September, 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal has to be postponed.

We have been informed by UN Department for Safety and Security (UNDSS) about a number of "bandhs" (general strikes) declared in Nepal over the last week, protesting the government's plan to divide Nepal into 6 administrative regions as part of the plan for constitutional reform. As it seams likely that these bandhs will continue over the next weeks, UNDSS has advised to postpone the workshop.

I would like to thank all of you again for your interest in participating in the workshop as a speaker and I apologise very much for this inconvenience. We will contact you as soon as the new dates for the workshop will be confirmed.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Kind regards
Daniel Dietrich

--

Daniel Dietrich
UNDESA/DPADM consultant, OGD Policy Advisor