[OKFN-NP] Issues on Nepali translation of CKAN

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Sat Feb 21 15:13:48 UTC 2015

Hi Nepali friends,

I've seen that some of you have been submitting translations for CKAN on
Transifex. This is fantastic news and it is super appreciated.

I just want to point out that you need to be careful when you found strings
like {name} or %s to keep them unchanged on your translation.

For instance, the following is incorrect:

 Datasets in group: {group} -> समूहमा डेटासेट्स: {समूह}

It should be:

 Datasets in group: {group} -> समूहमा डेटासेट्स: {group}

I've compiled a list of the current issues that need to be fixed on
Transifex:

https://gist.github.com/amercader/f9a2e80ee71759a33c5e

These need to be fixed on the 2.2 resource before we can enable the Nepali
translation on the 2.3 resource as they would make the application crash.

Thanks again for your help, let me know if you have any doubt!

Adrià