[Okfn-se] call for Open Access people for a Nordic Open Access online meetup during Nordic Open Data Week

miska knapek miska at knapek.org
Thu May 28 13:30:40 UTC 2015

Hello again!

ok, so the show is on the road .
(apologies for double postings )

Welcome to the open access/science online meetup on Wednesday 3rd june
13cet/12fin time, as part of the Nordic Open Data Week (
http://nordicopendataweek.se ).

A main point to Nordic cooperation and NODW, also part of this talk, is
that we can learn from one another around the Nordics, and bring one
another to the highest common denominator in various open data areas. In
the Nordics, we're similar enough to cooperate but different enough to be
able to learn from our different paths.

A suggested meetup agenda looks like this
( feel free to add things you think are important! ):
    - What's the status/challenge for particular components of open science
in respective countries? Can we identify bottlenecks in OA, open research
data etc.?
    - Developing a vision for open science in the Nordic countries -->
declaration of some sort? Endorsement?
    - Something you might want to add - feel free to add it to the etherpad
below!

If you'd to take part, you'll find more details and a sign-up in this
etherpad;
https://pad.okfn.org/p/nodw_open_access_science_online_meetup

Many thanks and all the best,

miska/michael