[OKFN-Spain] si queréis dibujar la mascota de la OKFN? hasta el 23 de Junio

alberto abella alberto.abella en okfn.es
Lun Jun 17 13:11:35 UTC 2013

Lo mejor al final de por que la mascota es un okapi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Laura James <laura.james en okfn.org>
<OKFN-Local-Coord en lists.okfn.org>, wg-coord en lists.okfn.org
Subject: [OKFN-Local-Coord] Competition: Design the OKF Mascot
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:59:42 +0100

The Open Knowledge Foundation Needs You...
...To design us a Mascot!

Some of you may have met Chuff, the friendly Okapi who travelled to
OKFestival 2012 with Dr Peter Murray-Rust. Chuff has made the occasional
appearance on Twitter and on the odd t-shirt sported by a few fans, but
we want to make it *official*. So, we are asking you - our community of
Local Groups and Working Groups - to design the picture which shall
forever be Chuff's image! (if you didn't see Chuff at OKfestival, we've
attached a photo)

The brief
Design an image or logo of Chuff, the official mascot of the Open
Knowledge Foundation! This should be easily-identifiable and fun, to be
used on merchandise such as flyers, t-shirts, mugs, etc. Ideally the
logo should work in both full colour and in silhouette. As recognisable
as the Twitter 'bird', this should be readily identified by 'those in
the know' - our community's in-joke - and a quirky draw to casual
observers, such as people passing an OKF staff at an event. This should
attract people who like stuffed animals & cartoons (as opposed to those
who are drawn to professional, 'businessy', sensible logos & text). It
doesn't need to be a cartoon - but should be fun!

The time-line
Deadline for submissions is midnight BST on Sunday 23rd June. The winner
will be announced on Wednesday 26th by 18.00 BST. The judging panel
consists of noted figures of the OKF including:  Jonathan Gray, Director
of Policy and Ideas; Laura James, Co-Director; Sam Smith, Designer; Zara
Rahman and Christian Villum, International Community Managers; Joris
Pekel, Community Coordinator; Naomi Lillie, Head of Network Unit; and
possibly even Peter Murray-Rust himself.

Send your designs to Chuff en okfn.org and may the best Mascot win :-)

- The OKF Network Team

PS: if you are wondering why an Okapi, the answer is partly that it's a
great animal, and partly that OK + API is very much in the spirit of the
OKF - open knowledge and APIs for connecting data :)