[OKFN-Spain] OKFN Campaign contra los contratos secretos de los estados

alberto abella alberto.abella en okfn.es
Vie Feb 14 12:24:33 UTC 2014

OKFN lanzará en la semana del 24 de Febrero (justo cuando entregamos el
premio OKFN) una campaña contra la contratación secreta de los estados.

El que quiera liderar esta campaña desde OKFN Spain que envie un correo
a theodora <theodora.middleton en okfn.org> y que por favor nos copie a la
Junta (junta_okfn_spain en okfn.es)

Abajo más información.

un saludo

“Stop Secret Contracts” - Information for Local Groups

Campaign Summary

“Every year millions of dollars of public money are lost to fraud,
corruption and lining the pockets of giant corporations who fail to
deliver on their contracts. People everywhere deserve to know who gets
public money, so governments and private contractors can be held to
account. Tell world leaders to stop secret contracts now.”

Why this matters

Governments around the world spend over $9.5 trillion of public money
every year on contracts to purchase goods and services for their
citizens.

But often citizens do not have access to information about who gets this
money, what was agreed and what it buys for them.

Without proper mechanisms for transparency and accountability, public
money can be lost to fraud, bribery, corruption, waste, overcharging,
and under-delivery by private contractors.

We believe that everyone should be able to see how money flows from the
public purse into private hands to enable essential public interest
advocacy, reporting and reforms.

How to support the campaign

If you’d like to help, you can:

      * Share information about the campaign via email, blogs, social
        media and other channels of the local group
      * Translate/localise campaign materials for your language and
        country
      * Do press or communications activities around the campaign
      * Engage with civil society groups or officials about open
        contracting in your country

If you’re interested in any of these things, please contact Theodora
Middleton <theodora.middleton en okfn.org>. We can provide you with info
and tips on how to get the message out, and we’d also love to hear your
ideas for how to get this heard.

--
OKFN Spain local group
http://www.okfn.es