[okfn-tw] Fwd: Comparative study about Open Data

TH Schee info at motomosa.com
Mon Oct 19 23:25:26 UTC 2015

想回的或之後會回覆完成的請再主動告知,謝謝。

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rosamaria Bitetti <rosamaria.bitetti at okfn.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:23 PM
Subject: Comparative study about Open Data

Dear Sir/madame,

My name is Rosamaria Bitetti and I am a researcher at Luiss University, in
Rome, and a member of the OKFN open economics working group and I am
looking for expert opinions to answer a survey about the vitality of the
Open Data environment in several country, and I would really appreciate if
you could spare me a few minutes of your time to answer it, or forward it
to other experts in your country.

You can take the survey by following this link:
http://goo.gl/forms/eicvOcUQwW

*Longer explanation:*

I am working on a comparative study about the Open Data ecosystem in
different countries, with the belief that while the government has an
important role in opening up its database, the open government culture is
developed in a broader ecosystem, in which the civil society, meaning
economic actors, research centers and intellectual entrepreneurs play a
vital role in elaborating data into information and making them meaningful
and useful for the rest of the society. Third-party elaboration has indeed
an intrinsic value, because civil society can contribute to a better public
debate with an independent creation of information and knowledge. But it
also allows for a faster elaboration of data into information, since
non-governmental actors have more flexibility in updating their
technologies and better display information. Finally, citizens have larger
opportunities to engage in the public debate with fact-based opinions. The
open policy ecosystem can be described with two directional channels for
the information to run: top-down, from the government to the citizens, or
conversely bottom-up.

While is relatively easier to track the top-down channel (the open data
index does a great job at that http://index.okfn.org/) I am trying to
assess whether there is civil society involvement: if apps are developed by
third parties, if the general public uses them, and even harder, if
politicians use its feedback.

You can read more in the survey, and if you leave your email will keep you
updated about my research. Thank you so much in advance!

Rosamaria

--
*---*
Rosamaria Bitetti