[okfn-US] Wikipedia Education Program job opening...

Lane Rasberry lane at bluerasberry.com
Wed Dec 4 16:38:09 UTC 2013

Hello OKFN-US!

I do Wikipedia and anyone who wants to talk Wikipedia can contact me. I am
writing in hopes that OKF people or allies might be interested in applying
for a job with Wikipedia's US Education Program.

The Wikipedia Education Program is a spin-off of the Wikimedia Foundation
which seeks to facilitate partnerships between universities and Wikipedia.
The WMF rarely has close relationships with other organizations for the
purpose of creating content, and the education program serves the Wikimedia
community's interests in partnering the community with classes.

The job posting is here.
<https://wikiedfoundationusca.atlassian.net/wiki/display/WBOD/Job+opening>

Anyone who wants to see the live feed of what they will have to deal with
can look here.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Education_noticeboard>
and
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Education_noticeboard/Incidents>

If you know anyone who wants a job in open education then encourage them to
apply. The position will be what the person hired makes of it, but it also
has the backing of the WMF.

yours,

--
Lane Rasberry