[okfn-za] Open Data Initiatives in southern Africa?

Adi Eyal adi at burgercom.co.za
Mon Nov 21 18:37:11 UTC 2011

Hi Justin

Thanks for your response. An introduction to the Open Democracy Advice
Center would be fantastic. I would be interested in learning what they
are working on here in the Western Cape. We are running a project
which monitors stock levels of essential medicines at local health
facilities. The project is currently being deployed in 8 SADC
countries but we are already active in South Africa and Zimbabwe. The
information will be used to help inform communities about the
performance of their local clinics and provide them with the tools to
demand better service delivery. Depending on what the ODAC is doing,
there may be some overlap in activities.

Adi