[okfn-za] Cape Town Science Hack Day

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 19 11:16:35 UTC 2012

On 19 January 2012 08:26, Carolina <carolina.odman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear everyone,

Great to see Carolina -- perhaps worth sending to
http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-science where a lot of
science people hang out ...

> See below for an advert for the upcoming science hack day in Cape Town.  You're welcome to attend! Also, if there are any sources of data other forms of open science that you recommend we mention to the participants, let me know and I'll make sure to include it in the resources.

For datasets I'd suggest using the DataHub :-)

Specifically, the DataHub already has a lot of datasets (see e.g.
<http://thedatahub.org/dataset?q=science>), and, perhaps more
importantly you can quickly curated a specific list of datasets for
the hackday using a group:

1. Go here and create a group http://thedatahub.org/group e.g. Cape
Town Science Hackday
2. Add datasets to the group (and if they don't exist quickly add them
to the DataHub)

Rufus